Guest notification on mandatory recording of personal data
We hereby inform you that in accordance with applicable laws* as of 1st September 2021, the personal data required by law of every guest procuring accommodation services in Hungary shall be recorded in the accommodation operating software, through a document reader, and be transmitted to a storage space, the Guest Information Closed Database (VIZA in Hungarian).
Data to be recorded
- first and last name;
- first and last name at birth;
- place of birth;
- date of birth;
- biological sex of the guest;
- mother’s maiden fi rst and last name (if it is on the identifi cation document);
- identifi cation data of personal identifi cation document or travel document;
- in case of third-country nationals** number of visa or residence permit, and date and place of entry to Hungary
For the purposes of data recording, guests using the accommodation service shall present their personal ID card, driver’s license or travel documents suitable for verifying their identity to the accommodation service provider. Accommodation service providers shall deny the provision of the accommodation service in the absence of presentation of the document. Pursuant to authorisation by law, accommodation service providers are entitled to ask for the personal identifi cation document of the guests and guests must comply with this request.
Please plan your travel and arrival in accordance with the above!
Thank you for your kind co-operation!
- Act 156 of 2016 on the responsibilities of the state regarding development of touristic regions;
- Gov. Decree 235/2019 (X. 15.) on the implementation of the act on the responsibilities of the state regarding development of touristic regions;
- Gov. Decree 414/2015 (XII.23.) on the issuance of ID card and on the uniform image and signature recording rules.
**third-country national: persons as set out by Act 2 of 2007 on the admission and right of residence of third-country nationals